Creamy & Spicy Shrimp Alfredo Pasta Recipe with Linguine
In just about no time at all, you'll be feasting on this delectably spicy shrimp alfredo pasta recipe.
Easy Shrimp Alfredo with Linguine & AsparagusSay goodbye to the idea of a traditional fettuccine alfredo and hello to its spicy shrimp alfredo cousin. Starring shrimp, asparagus, linguine pasta, and alfredo sauce; this creamy shrimp pasta is an explosion of flavor across your palate that you and your family will treasure. Try substituting out the shrimp for scallops or the asparagus for broccoli to further twist this seafood alfredo recipe.
Serves 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Linguine
- 1 1/2 pound medium shrimp
- 4 cups asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces, or 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Corn starch
- 2 tbs Water
- ½ cup, grated Parmigiano
- Salt to taste
Alfredo Sauce ProcedureBring milk and cream to boil, lower the heat and add garlic powder. Meanwhile dilute corn starch with water, add to the sauce along with salt, whisk well and simmer for two minutes. Turn off heat, stir in cheese.
- Peel and devein shrimp, if needed; rinse, and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large pot bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil; add salt to taste and the Linguine; stir gently.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus the last 4 minutes of cooking time; remove from heat and drain well, reserving 2/3 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a very large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat; add shrimp; cook and stir about 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque.
- Stir in the alfredo sauce and crushed red pepper; warm through.
- Add linguine pasta mixture to shrimp mixture and toss to combine, adding enough pasta water to reach desired consistency.
- Serve linguine and shrimp alfredo topped with additional crushed red pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Customize it! If you prefer, swap the shrimp for shredded rotisserie chicken or sautéed scallops for a different spicy linguine recipe.