- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Tri-Color Penne
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small red onion, cut julienne style
- 1 large Hot House Cucumber, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, sliced in rounds
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 avocado, diced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese, diced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook pasta 1 minute less than package directions.
- Drain and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil; place on a sheet tray to cool.
- In a small skillet, sauté onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil until translucent; remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine, pasta with onions, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, remaining olive oil and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Before serving add avocado, cheese and parsley.