Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Tri-Color Penne
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon chives, cut
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shredded
1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2Cook pasta 1 minute less than package directions and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place pasta on sheet tray to cool.
3In a large skillet sauté garlic and thyme in 2 tablespoon olive oil until slightly yellow in color; set aside.
4In a small bowl combine remaining olive oil, chives, tomatoes, mozzarella, lemon juice and cooked garlic and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
5Toss pasta with marinated tomatoes and mozzarella. Top with Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
6Let the flavors combine for 20 minutes before serving. Serve at room temperature as a side dish or chill and serve as a pasta salad.