- total fat
- total carbohydrate
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Tri-Color Penne
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon chives, cut
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shredded
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook pasta 1 minute less than package directions and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place pasta on sheet tray to cool.
- In a large skillet sauté garlic and thyme in 2 tablespoon olive oil until slightly yellow in color; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine remaining olive oil, chives, tomatoes, mozzarella, lemon juice and cooked garlic and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss pasta with marinated tomatoes and mozzarella. Top with Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
- Let the flavors combine for 20 minutes before serving. Serve at room temperature as a side dish or chill and serve as a pasta salad.