Summer Pesto Pasta Salad RecipeDelight in this tasty pesto pasta salad recipe that is sure to please all your summer picnic revelers! A delectable combination of flavors like rustic basil pesto, green onion, dry salami, and fresh mozzarella make this pasta salad recipe one you'll make again and again.
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Tri-Color Rotini
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Barilla® Rustic Basil Pesto
- 2 tablespoons Wishbone Ristorante Garlic Parmesan Vinaigrette
- 1 7-oz package of Italian dry salami, small, diced
- 3 cups Romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced thin
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 8-oz package, Galbani Mozzarella Fresca, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the directions, but drain one minute short of required cooking time.
- Toss the pasta with olive oil and place on a sheet tray to cool down.
- Once the pasta is cool, combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and gently toss to combine.
- Let the salad rest for approximately 30 minutes so all the flavors can combine.