Harvest Penne Pesto Salad with Butternut Squash, Arugula & Cranberries
Celebrate fall with a seasonal pasta salad made with perfectly al dente penne, traditional basil pesto, fresh arugula, butternut squash and dried cranberries.
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Penne pasta
- 1 jar Barilla® Classic Basil Pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups butternut squash, small diced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 4 cups baby arugula
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup Asiago cheese, shaved
1Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
2Meanwhile, in a large skillet sauté squash in olive oil for 3-4 minutes or until slightly browned.
3Add broth and cook the squash until soft.
4In a large bowl, add pesto and ½ cup of the pasta cooking water then stir to combine.
5Drain pasta and combine with the sauce then fold in the arugula, squash and garnish with cranberries and cheese.