- 3 g
- Total Fat
- 11 g
- Total Carbs
- 4 g
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Linguine
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 cups red purple cabbage, shredded
- 3 cups of cauliflower florets, [purple if possible]
- ½ cup cabernet
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 purple Italian prunes, diced
- ¾ cup bacon, rendered
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- ½ cup Parmigiano, grated
- Place a pot of water to boil.
- Sauté prunes with 1 tbs of olive oil over high heat for one minute, season with salt and set aside.
- Meanwhile sauté onion with 3 tbs olive oil about four minutes or until translucent.
- Add cabbage and sauté over high heat for three minutes, add cauliflower and wine and keep cooking for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add broth, bring to simmer, season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to the box directions. Drain 3 minutes earlier and toss with cabbage mixture and some reserved cooking water for an additional 3 minutes.
- Turn off fire, stir in prunes and cheese and serve with crispy pancetta over the top.