Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Thick Spaghetti
- 1 cup Guanciale, julienne
- 5 egg yolks
- ¾ cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- Sea salt and freshly ground Black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions, reserving 1/3 cup pasta cooking water.
Meanwhile, sauté Guanciale in a dry skillet until it becomes crispy.
- In a separate bowl mix yolks, cheese, black pepper and sea salt. Stir in 1/3 cup pasta cooking water to loosen up the mixture.
Drain pasta “al dente” toss with crispy Guanciale to combine the flavors well.
- Drain pasta al dente, set aside some of the pasta water to add flavor to the guanciale.
Turn the heat off, wait ½ minute and stir in yolk mixture; mix well until the sauce starts thickening up and coating the pasta perfectly but yolks are not scrambled and overcooked, very important!
- Serve immediately. Buon Appetito!