Ingredients 2 Servings
- 6 ounces Barilla® Spaghetti
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated, divided
- ⅓ cup guanciale, diced
- Black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In the meantime, separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- In a mixing bowl, add egg yolks, 2 tablespoons pasta cooking water, 2/3rds of the cheese and a generous handful of black pepper. Add 1/2 cup of the pasta water to the mix and whisk until smooth.
- In a non-stick pan, cook the guanciale cubes in ½-cup pasta cooking water, without adding any oil until they develop color.
- Drain pasta al dente, set aside some of the pasta water to add flavor to the guanciale.
- Toss the guanciale in the egg and cheese mixture. Mix well, and add some of the pasta water if dish is dry.
- Add the rest of the cheese, another sprinkle of black pepper and serve.