- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients 5 Servings
Ingredients for 5 people
- 1 box Barilla® Jumbo Shells
- 1 jar Barilla® Marinara Sauce
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 15 oz. container ricotta
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- ¾ cup grated parmesan, divided
- 10 basil leaves, julienned
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F; bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook shells according to package directions.
- Drain & toss with olive oil; place on sheet tray to cool.
- Spray 13" x 9" glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spread 1 cup marinara sauce in baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine: ricotta, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, 1/2 cup parmesan; season with salt & pepper. Fill each cooked shell with equal amounts of ricotta mixture.
Arrange filled shells opening side up in baking dish. Top with remaining marinara sauce and cheeses.
- Bake covered with foil until bubbly, about 30 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove shells from oven, top with fresh basil, cool 5 minutes before serving.