- TOTAL FAT
- TOTAL CARBOHYDRATE
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Ditalini
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, peeled and slivered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons snipped sage or rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked and sliced chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Snipped sage or rosemary (optional)
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Corn starch
- 2 tbs Water
- ½ cup, grated Parmigiano
- Salt to taste
Alfredo Sauce ProcedureBring milk and cream to boil, lower the heat and add garlic powder. Meanwhile dilute corn starch with water, add to the sauce along with salt, whisk well and simmer for two minutes. Turn off heat, stir in cheese.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. On rimmed baking sheet toss sweet potatoes, onion, olive oil, and sage together. Sprinkle with salt and bake 22 to 25 minutes or until soft and just starting to turn golden brown. Set aside.
- In a large pot bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil; add salt to taste and the Ditalini; stir gently.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; remove from heat and drain well, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Add the alfredo sauce to pot along with sweet potato mixture, and chicken; heat through over medium-low heat. Add pasta and enough reserved pasta water to desired consistency; gently stir to combine.
- Serve topped with slivered almonds and shredded Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with additional sage, if desired.
- Customize it: Use butternut squash instead of sweet potatoes, or turkey instead of chicken. To pull this dish together in minutes on even the busiest weeknight, roast the veggies ahead.