- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 package Barilla® Collezione Bucatini
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small yellow onions, cut julienne
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup bacon, cut julienne
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 28-ounce can San Marzano style tomatoes and liquid
- Sea salt to taste
- 4 basil leaves, torn
- ½ cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a skillet, gently cook onions with olive oil, red pepper and garlic until translucent, about five minutes.
- Add bacon; sauté for 4-5 additional minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, 2 cups of water and let simmer until extra liquid is evaporated and the sauce thickens.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and toss with sauce and basil.
- Sprinkle with cheese before serving.