Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 package Barilla® Collezione Bucatini
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small yellow onions, cut julienne
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup bacon, cut julienne
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 28-ounce can San Marzano style tomatoes and liquid
- Sea salt to taste
- 4 basil leaves, torn
- ½ cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2In a skillet, gently cook onions with olive oil, red pepper and garlic until translucent, about five minutes.
3Add bacon; sauté for 4-5 additional minutes.
4Stir in tomatoes, 2 cups of water and let simmer until extra liquid is evaporated and the sauce thickens.
5Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and toss with sauce and basil.
6Sprinkle with cheese before serving.