- Total Fat
- total Carbohydrate
Ingredients 6 Servings
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Casarecce
- 6 plum tomatoes peeled and cubed divided
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 cup basil leaves packed divided
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ¾ cup peeled almonds
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup Romano cheese grated
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a small bowl, marinate ¼ tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 2 basil leaves julienned, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Process in a blender almonds, garlic, 5 tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper and cheese.
- Add remaining tomatoes and basil to blender, process by pulsing until tomatoes and basil are chopped but not too smooth.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, drain reserving ½ cup of the cooking water.
- Toss pasta with pesto and cooking liquid, top with marinated tomatoes before serving.