Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 bag Barilla® Three Cheese Tortellini
- 1/2 pound Sweet Butter
- 8 leaves Fresh Sage
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree (May Substitute Pumpkin Pie Filling)
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese, Freshly Grated
- Bring 6 quarts water to a boil in a large pot.
- Place butter and sage in a 10- to 12-inch sauté pan over medium-high heat and cook until butter turns golden brown and spatters a bit.
- Add the pumpkin puree and remove from heat; it will make some noise here and be a little messy.
- Swirl the pan to mix the butter and pumpkin mixture together and set aside.
- Drop the Three Cheese Tortellini into the boiling water and cook according to package instructions; drain in a colander and immediately toss the cooked tortellini into the pan with the pumpkin mixture, place over medium heat and toss until pasta is coated with sauce.
- Mix in half of the grated Parmigiano and toss 10 seconds, then pour into a heated bowl and serve immediately.