Orecchiette with Snap Peas, Fennel & Mint
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Collezione Orecchiette
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cups snap peas, cut in half
- 1 fennel bulb, julienne
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- ½ cup Romano cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1Bring a large pot of water to boil.
2Meanwhile in a skillet, sauté fennel and snap peas with half the olive oil for 2 minutes over high heat until slightly brown and still crunchy. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3Drain pasta 1 minute prior end of cook time, reserving 1 cup of water. Toss pasta with veggies over high heat, add reserved cooking water and combine well while water is reducing.
4Turn off heat, stir in mint, cheese and remaining olive oil before serving.