Pasta Tip: After removing baked pasta from the oven, let your meal cool inside the baking dish for 10 min to better hold its shape when serving!
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Red Lentil Penne
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 leek, diced
- 1 28-oz can San Marzano (Italian) Crushed Tomatoes
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- ½ cup fresh basil, sliced
- ½ cup Romano cheese, grated, divided
- 1 cup provolone cheese, shredded, divided
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 450° F.
- In a skillet, brown chicken with olive oil and diced leeks, about five minutes.
- Add tomatoes and 1 cup of water; bring to boil and simmer 10 minutes, add ricotta and stir until combined.
Cook pasta only half the time as directed on the package then drain pasta and toss with the sauce. Add half provolone, half Romano and basil, mix well.
- Pour mixture into a greased 13” x 9” baking dish. Top with remaining provolone and Romano, bake for 15 minutes until cheese on top is slightly brown and pasta is fully cooked.
- Let rest 10 minutes before serving.