Barilla® Chickpea Rotini
with a Spicy Tomato and Eggplant Sauce, Fresh Oregano and Gorgonzola Cheese
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1 box, Barilla® Chickpea Rotini
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 small eggplant, diced
- 2 cups San Marzano Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh oregano, chopped
- ¼ cup Gorgonzola cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet gently cook the garlic and chili flakes in olive oil for 1-2 minutes. Add the eggplant and increase the heat to medium high, sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper, cook for 5 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions.
- Drain pasta. Toss the pasta with the sauce, cheese and basil.