Ingredients 4 Servings
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1 box Barilla® Red Lentil Penne
- ½ cup sweet onion, chopped
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 12 basil leaves, torn
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven on to 400° F. Season tomatoes with 1-tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper; roast in the oven until blistered and slightly charred, set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet sauté onion with remaining olive oil for three minutes, add roasted tomatoes and cream, simmer for 5 minutes, smashing part of the tomatoes with the back of a spoon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta, toss with creamy tomato sauce, turn heat off and finish with cheese and basil before serving.