Eggs in Purgatory
with Barilla® Spicy Marinara Sauce
- 10 g
- Total Fat
- 20 g
- 9 g
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 jar Barilla® Spicy Marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large red sweet pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ cup water
- Ground black pepper
- 6 eggs
- Crumbled feta cheese, chopped fresh cilantro
- Crusty French baguette for serving, optional
1In a very large, deep skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, sweet pepper, and garlic; cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are soft but not browned. Stir in the cumin, paprika, and turmeric; cook and stir 1 minute more.
2Stir in sauce and water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
3Crack eggs, one at a time, into a small dish then carefully pour into sauce. Cover; reduce heat; cook 5 to 10 minutes or until whites are set and yolks are of desired doneness. Top with feta and cilantro, if desired. Serve with crusty French bread.