Ingredients 6 Number of Servings
¾ box Barilla Linguine
1 tablespoon + ½ teaspoon sea salt, divided
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
10 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat up a large pot of water and bring to a boil.
Add 1 tablespoon of salt to the water and add in Barilla Linguine.
- Cook the linguine according to the package directions, until al dente.
- Drain the linguine into a colander and reserve about 1 cup of hot pasta cooking water. Set aside.
- In a large shallow pot or sauté pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add panko breadcrumbs and toast until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the panko breadcrumbs and place onto paper towel to drain. Set aside.
- Using the same pan, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil, add in the sliced garlic and fry, stirring constantly, until lightly golden on the edges. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add in the red pepper flakes if using, and fry for another 30 seconds.
- Carefully add in about 1 cup of the reserved pasta cooking water to the garlic/oil mixture, and bring to a boil, until the liquid has reduced by about one third. Add in ½ teaspoon salt and stir.
- Next, add the drained linguine into the sauce and use tongs to coat the pasta.
- Take the pan off the heat and finish with chopped parsley, Parmesan cheese and toasted panko breadcrumbs.