Delicious and easy vegetarian pasta soup recipePasta e fagioli, or "pasta and beans," is the quintessential Italian soup. Traditional pasta e fagioli calls for pancetta or bacon. The key to this flavorful vegetarian soup is to first sauteé celery, carrots, onions, and garlic then simmer in a vegetable broth with Ditalini pasta. The result: a hearty Italian soup ready in 30 minutes!
Ingredients for 4 people
- ¼ box Barilla® Ditalini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup carrot, diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 32 ounces vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 28-ounce can San Marzano tomatoes, chopped no salt added
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cans cannellini beans
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot.
- Add carrots, celery and onion; sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add broth and tomatoes; bring to a simmer; season with salt and pepper.
- Add Ditalini pasta and beans; cook for ½ the recommended time on the package.
- Remove from the heat; let the soup rest for 30 minutes before serving; top with fresh parsley.