Vegetable Lasagna with Spinach & RicottaTry this twist on traditional lasagna. Béchamel sauce and melted ricotta cheese take the place of regular pasta sauce and the spinach factor is dialed up to the max for this vegetarian lasagna recipe. What's more, your prep time is cut down by using no boil lasagna sheets. This is a delicious and quick spinach lasagna recipe with ricotta you just have to try!
- Total fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Serves 12 people
- 1 box Barilla® Oven-Ready Lasagne
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 2 10-ounce packages of frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 pounds Ricotta cheese
- 3 cups milk, gently warmed
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese grated and divided
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F.
- In a large skillet sweat the onion in olive oil over moderate heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add spinach and season with salt and pepper; sauté for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat to cool down.
- Ricotta mixture: Combine ricotta, spinach, and ¾ cup Parmigiano cheese; season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare béchamel sauce: In a sauce pan melt butter and add flour, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add warm milk and bring to a simmer, whisk well so there are no clumps, season with salt and pepper.
- When the sauce comes up to a simmer cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Pan spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- On the first layer spread ½ cup béchamel sauce.
- Top with 4 lasagna sheets, 1 cup ricotta mixture and a sprinkle of Parmigiano cheese.
- Continue the same procedure for 3 more layers.
- For the top layer spread remaining béchamel and ricotta mixture, sprinkle with Parmigiano cheese; bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly on top.
- Before slicing the ricotta and spinach lasagna, let it rest for 5 minutes.