Wavy Lasagna with Italian Sausage and Marinara Sauce
Italian sausage combined with Barilla Marinara sauce make for a simple and savory take on this classic lasagna recipe.
- 1 box Barilla® Wavy Lasagne
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- ½ cup white wine (optional)
- 2 24-ounce jars of Barilla® Marinara sauce
- 1 15-ounce container fresh Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, diced
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (reserve 1 tablespoon for top)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1Preheat oven to 375° F.
2Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, set aside.
3In a large skillet sauté onions in olive oil until translucent, about 5 minutes, then add crumbled sausage, salt, pepper and brown well until cooked through (Optional: deglaze sausage with wine and reduce). Add 3 ½ cups Marinara sauce to the sausage mixture, bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
4Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
5Pour 1 cup Marinara sauce on the bottom. Layer 5 sheets of lasagna, top with 1 cup of sausage mixture, ½ cup ricotta and 2 tablespoons of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Repeat for 2 more layers.
6On the top layer pour the remaining sauce and Parmigiano cheese. Add mozzarella and cover with foil.
7Cover in foil and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 5 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.