A SAUSAGE LASAGNA RECIPE TO TEMPT YOUR TASTEBUDSPlease your palate and your dinner guests with this classic lasagna recipe that you'll keep in your recipe box for years to come. The secret to this delectable lasagne dish is sautéed Italian sausage and onions layered with Barilla Marinara sauce, ricotta and mozzarella cheeses. Bake until bubbly and enjoy!
Ingredients 12 Servings
Ingredients for 12 people
- 1 box Barilla® Wavy Lasagne
- 2 jars of Barilla® Marinara Sauce
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- ½ cup white wine (optional)
- 1 15-ounce container fresh Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, diced
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (reserve 1 tablespoon for top)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, set aside.
- In a large skillet sauté onions in olive oil until translucent, about 5 minutes, then add crumbled sausage, salt, pepper and brown well until cooked through (Optional: deglaze sausage with wine and reduce). Add 3 ½ cups Marinara sauce to the sausage mixture, bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour 1 cup Marinara sauce on the bottom. Layer 5 sheets of lasagna, top with 1 cup of sausage mixture, ½ cup ricotta and 2 tablespoons of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Repeat for 2 more layers.
- On the top layer pour the remaining sauce and Parmigiano cheese. Add mozzarella and cover with foil.
- Cover in foil and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 5 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.