Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 box mezze maniche
- 1 lb plum tomatoes
- ½ small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 red bell peppers, small
- 5 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbs salt
- 1¼ cup heavy cream
- 6 sage leaves
- 2 tbs vhite vinegar
- 1 tbs crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb tuna center cut
- 1 tbs minced parsley
- 1 tbs minced lemon zest
- 1 tbs chives
- 2 tbs colatura
- 3 tbs grated bottarga
- 2 tbs parsley oil
ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE1. Roast red bell peppers over open flame until charred. Once they are completely cooled peel completely.
2. Heat a pot on medium heat. Once it’s heated add oil, onion, garlic and sautee until translucent.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and allow to simmer for 25 minutes.
4. Puree in a blender until completely smooth.
TUNAToss all ingredients in a bowl: tuna loin, minced garlic, minced parsley, lemon zest, salt, extra virgin olive oil, chives, colatura.
TO ASSEMBLE DISH:1. Cook pasta as directed.
2. In the meantime heat roasted red pepper sauce in a pan. Add cooked pasta and toss together.
3. Add tuna to a plated mound of pasta.
4. Garnish with grated bottarga and drizzle parsley oil.