Barilla Chickpea Rotini
With Truffled Chicken Ragout
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 Box Barilla Chickpea Rotini
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 each shallot, minced
- 1/4 pound chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, diced
- 1/2 pound mixed mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 Sherry wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Truffle oil
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano- Reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and Black pepper to taste
1Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile in a large skillet sauté shallot in olive oil for 2 minutes.
Add chicken thighs and brown for 3-4 minutes.
3Add mushrooms and continue cooking for 2 minutes, season with salt and pepper to taste.
4Deglaze with wine then add, chicken broth.
5Cook for 10 minutes or until chicken is very tender.
6Cook pasta according to package directions.
7Drain and toss the pasta with the sauce, remove the skillet from the heat and add butter, truffle oil and cheese. Stir everything to combine and garnish with parsley.