This risotto recipe features chickpea orzo pasta, garlic, mushrooms, white wine, cheese and parsley.
Ingredients 5 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Chickpea Orzo pasta
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces domestic mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup dry White wine
- 1 quart chicken broth
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Bring broth to a boil. Meanwhile in a skillet, sauté garlic and olive oil, after 1 minute add mushrooms and sauté until slightly brown.
Add pasta to the skillet, toast for 1 minute then add wine, reduce completely.
Stir in broth 1 cup at a time and cook over high heat until completely cooked and broth has reduced.
Finish off the heat with cheese and butter.
Let rest 10 minutes before serving, sprinkle with parsley.