- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients 12 Servings
- ½ box Barilla® Ditalini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Vidalia onion, diced
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 2 quarts low sodium chicken broth
- 2 ½ quarts water
- 3 tablespoons Barilla® Creamy Ricotta and Arugula Pesto
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook onions in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash and increase the heat to high, caramelize for 5 minutes then cover with chicken broth and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- In small batches purée the soup until smooth then add it back to the pan, add the water and bring to a simmer, season to taste.
- Add pasta and cook for half the recommended cooking time. Remove the soup from the flame, stir in the creamy pesto, and set aside for 30 minutes.