- 1 box Barilla® Pronto® Rotini
- 2 ½ cups water cold
- ½ cup Marsala cooking wine
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup Pecorino cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1Pour the whole box of pasta into a large skillet (approximately 12 inches in diameter). Pour 2 1/2 cups of cold water and wine into the pan ensuring that the liquid covers the pasta. Add mushrooms.
2Turn on the burner to high and set your timer to 10 minutes. Optional: add about 1/2 teaspoons of salt to taste.
3Cook on high, stirring regularly, until most of the water is absorbed, about 10 minutes but may vary by stove.
4Add cream and gently heat through stirring to combine. Remove from heat and stir in cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.