1 box large shells
3 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups nonfat milk
1 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup hard cider
2 cups frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and quartered
¾ cup green onions, sliced thin
Salt & white pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook the pasta 9 minutes.
2. Add artichokes to pasta for the last 5 minutes, drain.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter with flour over medium low heat and cook for 3 minutes stirring continuously.
3. In another medium saucepan, warm milk and cider over medium heat.
4. Add warm milk and cider to butter mixture while continuing to stir and let come to a simmer, season with salt and pepper.
5. Drain the pasta
6. Remove the pot from the heat and fold in pasta and ¾ of the cheese.
7. Garnish with remaining cheese and green onion.