Spicy Spaghetti Marinara Recipe with Poached Eggs & Thyme
Leftover Easter eggs that never got hardboiled or dyed? No problem. Just poach them and use them to top off this delicious spicy spaghetti recipe with chipotle marinara pasta sauce and thyme.
In addition to using our Barilla spaghetti pasta, this recipe can substitute the freshly made marinara sauce for one of Barilla's jarred pasta sauces, including our marinara sauce. For the full spaghetti recipe experience, we do encourage you to roll up your sleeves and explore your passion for homemade pasta sauce.
Spaghetti with Homemade Chipotle Marinara Sauce, Poached Egg and ThymeServes: 6 people
1 box spaghetti
2 cloves garlic, sliced
3 tablespoons chipotle pepper, chopped
1 teaspoon thyme, minced, plus 2 sprigs
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 can Italian-style peeled tomatoes
1 tablespoon vinegar
½ cup Parmigiano cheese, grated
Salt, to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; season with salt
2. Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
3. Sauté garlic, chipotle and minced thyme in 3 tablespoons olive oil for 1 minute in a medium skillet.
4. Add tomatoes and bring to a simmer; season with salt.
5. Simmer 4 cups water with 1 sprig thyme and vinegar in a large skillet.
6. Poach eggs for 3 minutes in the flavored simmering water.
7. Toss al dente spaghetti pasta and tomato sauce in a medium mixing bowl.
8. Serve each portion topped with 1 poached egg, Parmigiano, olive oil and thyme.
Recipe and Photo Credit: Chef Lorenzo Boni