He can swish. He can strike. And man, can he sauce. Paul Pierce’s Linguine pasta with Truth Sauce recipe—it’s as good as it looks. See him cook something up with Hannah in Episode 7 of While the Water Boils.
1 box Barilla linguine
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 lb Italian sausage, mild, casing off
1⁄4 cup red wine
1 14 oz can diced tomato
1 6 oz can tomato paste
1 15 oz jar tomato sauce
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tbs fresh basil, julienne
1 tbs fresh Italian parsley, julienne
1⁄2 tsp red pepper flakes
1⁄2 cup Parmigiano cheese, grated
Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Place a pot of water to boil.
2. Meanwhile, in a skillet sauté onion with olive oil until translucent, about five minutes over medium heat.
3. Add garlic, cook an additional two minutes then add crumbled sausage and brown well over medium high heat, about ten minutes.
4. Stir in wine, reduce well then add tomatoes (sauce, paste, and diced), brown sugar, and red pepper flakes.
5. Bring to boil and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for ten minutes.
6. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with sauce.
7. Stir in parsley, basil, and cheese before serving.