Spicy Curried Coconut Beef Rotini Pasta Recipe
This Thai-inspired rotini pasta soup recipe is the perfect way to warm up on a cold winter day. Thai curry brings the heat and delectable bites of pot roast burst with spicy flavor in this spicy fusion pasta recipe. Add even more flavor to this Thai pasta recipe by substituting whole grain rotini if you like!
Fusion Pasta Rotini with Spicy Curried Coconut Beef
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 pkg. (1 lb.) Barilla® Rotini
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 cup sliced green onions
1 stalk lemongrass, lightly smashed with back of knife, cut into 2-inch pieces
½ cup roughly chopped peeled fresh ginger (about 2 oz.)
3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
2 kaffir lime leaves
8 oz. prepared beef pot roast, shredded into 2-inch pieces
3 cups unsalted chicken stock
2 cups canned light coconut milk
1 tablespoon fish sauce
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon sugar
kosher salt, to taste
¼ cup chopped mint
¼ cup chopped cilantro
1. Cook rotini as directed on package directions; drain. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Stir in onions, lemongrass, ginger, curry paste and lime leaves. Cook 1 min. Add beef. Cook and stir for 2 min.
3. Add stock; bring to simmer. Cook 2 min. Add coconut milk and fish sauce; return to simmer. Stir in lime juice and sugar.
4. Add pasta; mix well. Cook until heated through. Season with salt. Discard lemongrass and lime leaves.
5. Served topped with chopped herbs.
Ingredient Tip: This flavorful Thai pasta recipe saves time by utilizing the convenience of ready-to-heat prepared pot roast, which can be found fully cooked in the refrigerated meat section of the grocery store.
Where to Buy Kaffir Lime Leaves: These fragrant leaves are a staple of Thai cuisine and can often be found in the produce section of larger grocery stores or in Asian markets. They can also be purchased online and kept in the freezer.
Photo Credit: Lou Manna