Fettuccine Pasta Recipe with Shrimp, Chipotle, and Champagne
The secret to this flavorful fusion pasta recipe is to reduce the champagne so it cooks off, leaving behind a sweet, aromatic flavor that contrasts perfectly with the spicy chipotle adobo. The shrimp takes on the smoky notes and the deep heat of chipotle peppers, while the Barilla Fettuccine soaks up the delicious sauce and makes this meatless pasta dish one for the ages. If you're looking for more deliciously flavorful recipes, check out Passion for Pasta's fusion pasta recipes section.
Spicy Fettuccine with Chipotle, Champagne, and ShrimpServings: 8
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
1 box of Barilla Fettuccine
2 tablespoons of butter
½ white onion, finely chopped
2 minced garlic cloves
1 shot of champagne
12 cooked pink shrimps
Chipotle adobo (to taste)
1 cup of heavy cream
Salt (to taste)
1. Bring 4-6 quarts of water to a boil. Add salt to taste.
2. Add fettuccine to boiling water –for authentic “al dente” pasta, boil for 11 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain well.
3. Heat a saucepan with the butter over low heat, add the white onion and garlic and cook until golden brown.
4. Add the champagne, heavy cream and the chipotle adobo. Add salt to taste.
5. Add the shrimps and let the mixture boil.
6.Mix in the fettuccine and serve your fusion pasta dish!
Recipe and Photo Credit: Chef Santiago Gomez