Farfalle Pasta Recipe with Oysters and Mezcal
Mezcal is the secret ingredient to this Latin fusion pasta recipe made with Barilla farfalle pasta. Oysters and Mezcal have similar flavor profiles that are enhanced when paired together. Our bow tie pasta accentuates this combination even more, providing a classical base for this pasta recipe. That's what makes fusion pasta exciting: you never know what new flavor combination from a variety of cultures will work perfectly and enhance your next pasta dish.
Barilla Farfalle with Oysters & Mezcal Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
1 box of Barilla Farfalle
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
½ white onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups standard oysters (about three 12-ounce containers), drained
1 shot of mezcal
Black pepper (to taste)
Salt (to taste)
1 cup of heavy cream
1. Bring 4-6 quarts of water to a boil. Add salt to taste.
2. Add bow tie pasta to boiling water –for authentic “al dente” farfalle, boil for 11 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain well.
3. Heat the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until tender, stirring frequently.
4. Add oysters, reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes or until the oysters’ edges curl.
5. Add the mezcal. Stir in the heavy cream, salt and pepper.
6. Mix in the farfalle pasta and serve!
Recipe and Photo Credit: Chef Santiago Gomez