Fusion Tortilla Soup Recipe with Fideo Cut Spaghetti
Tortilla soup is a classic, but have you ever tried adding pasta? We've talked about fusion pasta recipes before, but this tortilla soup recipe really brings the heat! Add Barilla Fideo Cut spaghetti to infuse this hearty dish with even more texture. For other pasta soup recipes, explore our Passion for Pasta archives while you finish crafting this delicious spaghetti charged soup.
Barilla Fideo Cut Spaghetti Tortilla SoupServings: 8
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
1 box of Barilla Fideo Cut Spaghetti, uncooked
½ white onion, chopped
3 peeled garlic cloves
Salt (to taste)
6 cups of chicken stock
2 fried tortillas
2 pasilla chiles
Epazote (to taste)
1 avocado, chopped
Queso fresco (to taste)
Mexican crema(to taste)
Crispy Chicharron (to taste)
1. Bring 4-6 quarts of water to a boil. Add salt to taste.
2. Add fideo cut spaghetti to boiling water –for authentic “al dente” pasta boil for 11 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain well. Set spaghetti aside.
3. In a pan, add cooking oil, white onion, garlic and tomatoes. Cook over medium heat until softened. Add the pasilla chiles.
4. Blend with the chicken stock and fried tortillas.
5. Add cooking oil to a large pot and pour in the mixture.
6. Cook with the epazote for about 20 minutes.
7. Mix in the cut spaghetti and serve in a soup bowl. Garnish pasta soup with avocado, queso fresco and Mexican crema and enjoy!
Recipe and Photo Credit: Chef Santiago Gomez