Whole Grain Linguine with Mushrooms, Brussels Sprouts & Thyme
If you’re interested in trying your hand at making vegan dishes but aren’t sure how to start — try experimenting with oyster mushrooms. Their meaty texture and earthy flavor makes them an ideal substitute for meat. Plus, they perfectly complement to the nuttiness of whole grain linguine.
Whole Grain Linguine with Oyster Mushrooms, Brussels Sprouts & Thyme
1 box Barilla® Whole Grain Linguine
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pound oyster mushrooms, sliced
4 whole Brussels sprouts, leaves only
1 cup vegetable broth
1 tablespoon thyme leaves
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, sauté the garlic with the olive oil.
3. Add the mushrooms and Brussels sprouts leaves and sauté over high heat until slightly brown (about five minutes).
4. Stir in broth and bring to a simmer; then, season with salt and black pepper.
5. Drain pasta and toss with vegetables, remaining olive oil and thyme before serving.
Photo and Recipe Credit: Chef Lorenzo Boni