Angel Hair Pasta Recipe with Mussels & BottargaAccording to U.S. News and World Report, the Mediterranean diet is the most universally beneficial eating plan for long-term health. Pasta with fresh seafood is a staple in the Mediterranean region and an easy way to elevate dinner, without spending hours in the kitchen. The key is to focus on a few high-quality, fresh ingredients. In this simple but flavorful angel hair pasta recipe, mussels are steamed in white wine and tossed with shallots, Calabrian pepper-infused olive oil and broccoli florets. Grated bottarga adds the perfect finish.
Recipe and Photo Credit: Barilla Executive Chef Lorenzo Boni
1 Box Barilla® Blue Box Angel Hair pasta
1 shallot, sliced
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
3 tbsp. Calabrian pepper infused olive oil, divided
2 cups broccoli florets
1 lb. mussels
1 cup white wine
sea salt to taste
4 tbsp. bottarga, grated
1. Bring one large pot of water to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, in a small sauce pot, steam mussels with white wine.
3. In a skillet, sauté shallot with 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil for 4-5 minutes over medium heat. Stir in mussels and the cooking liquid.
4. Cook pasta according to package directions, add broccoli half way through.
5. Drain and toss with mussels over high heat for one minute.
6. Serve drizzled with spicy oil and sprinkled with bottarga.