Collezione Casarecce Pasta Recipe with Swordfish
Salty bottarga complements the mildly sweet flavor of swordfish and the crunchy texture of fried eggplant in this light and tasty Barilla® Collezione casarecce pasta dish.
Recipe + Photo Credit: Chef Lorenzo Boni
1 box Barilla Collezione Casarecce
2 baby eggplants
1 quart, frying oil
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 small yellow onion, diced
1 garlic clove
12oz sword fish, diced
1/3 cup white wine
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1 tbsp mint, sliced thin
TT sea salt
TT grated mullet bottarga
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil and a small pot of frying oil to 375°F.
2. Cut the eggplants in ½ inch dices. Deep fry them and set aside to cool.
3. In a separate skillet, gently cook onion with oil, red pepper flakes and whole garlic. Once the onion turns translucent and slightly yellow add diced sword fish and brown over high heat.
4. Stir in wine, reduce well and add tomatoes, season with salt and cook for about five minutes.
5. Cook pasta according to directions, drain and toss with sauce and mint. Top with grated bottarga before serving