Whole-Grain Angel Hair with Turmeric-Braised Vidalia Onion, Baby Spinach and Toasted Shaved Almonds
Whole grains are part of a healthy diet, and pasta is one of the best! With a low glycemic index and plenty of vitamins, this healthy pasta will keep your energy up all day. Discover this angel hair recipe featuring yummy veggies, like baby spinach, and protein-packed almonds. It's wholesome, healthy and absolutely delicious. Enjoy as a satisfying lunch idea or as a healthy dinner for the whole family.Ingredients:
1 box of whole grain angel hair pasta
4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 large Vidalia onion, julienned
2 tablespoons of turmeric
1 cup of vegetable broth
1 6-ounce bag of baby spinach
½-cup of sliced almonds, toasted
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, slowly sauté onion with olive oil for five minutes, and then add broth and turmeric and continue simmering for 10 minutes until onion is thoroughly cooked.
- Stir in spinach, season with salt and pepper and simmer until greens are wilted.
- Season cooking water with sea salt and remaining turmeric.
- Cook pasta according to package Directions: and then drain and toss with spinach mixture.
- Top with toasted almonds before serving.