- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Penne
- 1 jar Barilla® Savory Tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 9 ounces frozen peas
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water to boil.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet sauté onion in olive oil and butter for 5 minutes.
Add sauce, 1-cup pasta cooking water and peas.Season with salt and pepper and simmer until the peas are cooked through.Continue cooking until sauce returns to regular consistency.
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Drain pasta and toss with sauce; top with cheese.