Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 Box Barilla Chickpea Casarecce
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 pint multi color cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3/4 cups of walnuts, shelled and roughly chopped
- Salt and Black pepper to tastes
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions reserving 1 cup of pasta cooking water.
Meanwhile in a skillet sauté shallot with half the olive oil over medium heat for 3 minutes, increase heat and add tomatoes and broccoli, blister both for 2 minutes then stir in 1 cup of pasta cooking water and simmer for 1 minute.
- Drain pasta, toss with veggies over the heat for one minute.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with walnuts before serving.