Grace Byers brings the heat to the kitchen table with her Spicy Seafood Spaghetti recipe. Learn how to make it, then watch her bring it at the card table on Episode 8 of While the Water Boils.
1 box Barilla spaghetti
4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 lb medium size shrimp, shelled and deveined
1⁄2 lb bay scallops
2 tbs Cajun seasoning
1⁄2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup veggie broth
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup red bell pepper, roasted and sliced
1 tsp red pepper flakes
4 leaves of basil, torn
Salt to taste
1. Place a pot of water to boil.
2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, sauté garlic with olive oil for two minutes or until slightly yellow.
3. Add shrimp, bay scallops and Cajun seasoning and sauté two minutes over high heat
4. Stir in wine, reduce to half then add broth and cream, season with salt and red pepper flakes and bring to boil.
5. Cook pasta according to package directions; then drain and toss with red bell pepper, seafood sauce and torn basil before serving.