Spooky Butternut Squash, Bacon and Fusilli Recipe
Get into the Halloween spirit with this flavorful pasta recipe created by Chef Santiago Gomez. This eerily flavorful dish combines fusilli pasta, butternut squash, Arbol chilies and bacon.
Put a pot of water on to boil before the kids start trick or treating, and you'll have a quick pasta treat of your own ready in no time! Make sure the fusilli is al dente to power this hauntingly good spicy pasta recipe!
Spooky Fusilli & SquashServings: 6
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
1 box of fusilli pasta noodles
5 slices of bacon, fried and chopped
1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and diced
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
5 Arbol chilies
Salt, to taste
1. Bring 4-6 quarts of water to a boil. Add salt to taste.
2. Add fusilli pasta to boiling water. For an authentic “al dente” pasta, boil for 11 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain well.
3. In a sauce pan with low heat, add the bacon and cook for 3 minutes until light brown; chop and put aside.
4. Add the butter then the squash; cook until the squash is soft, but not falling apart.
5. Add the Arbol chilies and stir for 2 minutes.
6. Add salt to taste and mix into the fusilli pasta.
7. Top with the chopped bacon and serve your spooky dish!