Farfalle Alfredo with Toppings
Bow ties on for back to school.
Photo Credit: Lorenzo Boni
1 box Farfalle
2 tablespoons, extra virgin olive oil
5 slices bacon, cut into ½ inch pieces
2 cups broccoli
2 chicken breasts (8oz)
1 bag spinach (6oz)
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
Ingredients For Alfredo Sauce:
1 cup Heavy cream
1 cup Whole milk
1 tsp Garlic powder
2 tsp Corn starch
2 tbs Water
½ cup, grated Parmigiano
Salt to taste
Alfredo Sauce Procedure
• Bring milk and cream to boil, lower the heat and add garlic powder.
• Meanwhile dilute corn starch with water, add to the sauce along with salt, whisk well and simmer for two minutes.
• Turn off heat, stir in cheese.
1. In a medium skillet cook the bacon over medium high heat until crispy, and then place on a paper towel to drain off excess fat.
2. Wipe off the same skillet and heat the olive oil, season the chicken with salt and pepper then cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through, set aside
3. Once the chicken has cooled slice and place onto a small platter.
4. Bring a pot of water to a boil, add salt and cook the broccoli for 3-4 minutes, strain and place into a bowl
5. At the same time add the spinach to a large skillet with a ¼ cup of water, season with salt and pepper then cover with a lid and steam for 2-3 minutes
6. Remove from the skillet and place into a small bowl.
7. Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta
8. Cook the pasta according to the directions, then drain and toss with the sauce
9. To serve, fill individual bowls with pasta and add toppings as desired